The functions of urine test – There are a variety of tests that can be done to measure how well the work of components in the body. Starting from a skin test to detect allergies, blood test, creatinine tests in the blood, to a urine test. Yes, urine tests can help detect when there is a disruption in the body’s organs. In fact, the urine test is also commonly used to analyze the presence of drugs in the blood.
To understand better about the urine test, check out more reviews below.
What is a urine test?
True to its name, urinalysis or urine test is an examination method using urine in order to detect the presence of disorders in the body. Normally, a healthy urine is identical with mastic. The color of the urine will be changed if anything goes wrong with the functions of the organs of your body. Urinalysis is also one part of routine health screening. Here, the result of a urine test will show early symptoms of certain diseases. Be it kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes, and others.
The functions of urine test.
Urine production process doesn’t just happen, but involves the work of the kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, and urethra. All of these parts are known as the urinary tract with a role as a filter of body waste, and regulating the balance of water, electrolytes, acids, proteins, and other substances in the body. If there is damage to the components of the body, will automatically affect the content, volume, color, and texture of the urine. Well, urinalysis running task to assess changes in the urine.
Multiple purpose urinalysis:
- Checking the health of the body as a whole, because it is often part of a routine medical examination.
- Help diagnose certain medical conditions such as urinary tract infections (UTI), polycystic kidney disease, kidney failure, kidney inflammation, and more. Complaints of symptoms that you are experiencing, including abnormal abdominal pain, back pain, pain during urination, blood in urine, or other problems could also be detected.
- Monitor the progression of the disease as well as treatment process, such as diseases of the kidney failure, diabetic nephropathy, urinary tract infections, and more.
- Assess kidney function before surgery.
- Monitor the development of abnormal pregnancy, including dehydration, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia and others.
Type of urine test.
During a urinalysis (urine test) takes place, your urine sample has been placed in the containers will be checked through the following ways:
A visual inspection is done by observing the appearance of urine directly. Starting from the level of its clarity, whether or not there are odors, to the urine color. The turbid and smells urine can indicate a problem in your body.
In contrast to visual inspection to detect directly, microscopic examination involves a microscope to observe the urine more clearly. Important things further observed:
- Abnormalities in white blood cells (leukocytes), indicating the presence of an infection.
- Abnormality in red blood cells (erythrocytes), a sign of kidney disease, blood disorders, bladder cancer, and other medical conditions.
- The presence of bacteria or yeast (fungi) as a sign of infection.
- Crystals that indicate kidney stones.
- Epithelial cells in large quantities can be a sign of a tumor, infection, kidney disease, and more.
If the sum of these components in the urine is too much, further investigation is needed to make sure more.
Dipstick test is urine examination by use of a thin plastic stick that are inserted into Your urine sample. Plastic sticks will change color when it turns out that there are certain substances with excessive levels contained in the urine.
This method will help detect several things, such as:
- Acidity (pH), abnormal acidity level shows that there is a problem in the kidneys and urinary tract.
- Concentration or viscosity of urine, the more viscous the urine means the less fluid the body gets from drinks,
- Protein: large quantities of the protein indicate failure of the kidneys.
- Sugar, generally indicates diabetes, but required further examination (or during the fasting blood sugar) to verify it.
- Bilirubin, are supposed to be carried by the blood to be channelled to the liver. The presence of bilirubin in the urine indicates damage to the liver.
- Blood, usually a sign of disturbance in the kidneys and bladder.
Urinalysis can be performed alone or combined together with other examination. The doctor will determine which examination in accordance with the needs and the condition of your health.
Thank you very much for reading The types and functions of urine test, hopefully useful.