Infants who experience constipation generally is not a strange or fatal occurrence, especially in the age range 2-3 years. Actually, this condition often afflicts babies in General, but not all parents understand how to cure constipation in babies.
To know the babies experience constipation is relatively easy. If no bowel movements at least three times a week, then chances are the baby was having constipation. Other symptoms that are easily seen is the hard stool and tough it out. Other possibilities to realize the condition of baby constipation is when he pulled out the dirt that look like small chunk and hard.
The baby was having constipation can feel pain when pushing. Thus, he tends to delay defecation that makes the condition worse. In addition, babies with this condition may cry whenever invited to the toilet to defecate. Parents should be aware of such behavior.
How To Cure Constipation In Babies
How To Cure Constipation In Babies needs to be differentiated according to age groups so that the benefits of handlings can be maximum. Unlike the old person’s body, the physical condition of the baby at each developmental age will vary and cannot make adjustments naturally.
The problem of constipation in babies aged less than six months need handling as follows.
- If during this time the children given milk formula, discuss it with the doctor to change the composition of baby formula milk replacement or consider the replacement of baby formula.
- Poloxamer Stool softener drop as much as 0.3 ml can be added into milk to babies to be given three times a day.
For the babies ranged from ages six months to two years to be given the following treatment.
- To give a natural laxative to treat constipation. Foods that are natural laxatives are most effective in overcoming constipation is prune juice. Preferably mixing fruit juice, such as apples, apricots, cranberries and in order to prune juice flavors are preferred. Prune fruit stew over low heat until getting the juice. Prune juice can be given as much as 3 tablespoons with a frequency three times a week. It is aimed to prevent constipation.
- Other stool softener laxative remedy is lactulose, docusate, and sena. While bisacodyl medicine, spritz, and microlax are a liquid, that are inserted into the child’s buttocks. However, it should be noted that the granting of this type of medication is only used when the child is experiencing severe constipation. In addition, the mixture of paraffin oil can also be helpful in smoothing and lubricates the stool so that it is easily removed.
- Make it a habit of sitting on the toilet on a regular basis. This is performed approximately 3-5 minutes after eating. The children were asked to sit on the toilet even though it does not feel like to defecate. Create a cozy atmosphere so that children feel comfortable also each defecate in the toilet. In this way the children can also learn to respond to his own bowel movements with always sitting on the toilet.
- Provide healthy foods with added vegetables high in fiber or fruit at least three times daily. Prioritizing their intake of fiber from fruit gave him the complexion, which can be directly consumed, such as plums, apricots, peaches, or prune. In addition to fruits, whole wheat bread can also be given to him. Avoid fast cereals already processed, such as corn flake or rice bubble.
- Limit the granting of cow’s milk if your child is over the age of 18 months and avoid giving him sweet drink before meal time.
If the parents have already done, how to cure constipation in babies above, but there has been no change, then feel free to ask for the help of a doctor. Doctor’s help is also required when a baby shows any discomfort due to constipation.
Last Updated on July 5, 2018 Reviewed by Market Health Beauty Team