Sumatriptan Side Effects, and Dosage – Sumatriptan is a drug with functions to treat migraines. This medication may help reduce headaches, pain, and other migraine symptoms (including nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light or sound). Proper treatment will help you get back to your normal routine and may decrease your need against other pain medications.
Sumatriptan belongs to the category of drugs known as Triptans. These drugs affect certain natural substances (serotonin) that cause narrowing of blood vessels in the brain. It can also alleviate pain by affecting certain nerves in the brain.
Sumatriptan does not prevent the coming of migraine or reducing the frequency of migraines.
Essential oils for migraines.
- Please be careful to use this drug when it has a history of angina, stroke, coronary heart disease, ischemia (blood supply deficiency) in the intestines, paralysis on one side of the body.
- Tell your doctor if you suffer from impaired liver function, impaired kidney function, seizures, blood circulation disorder, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
- Tell your doctor if you have a family with a history of heart disease, excess body weight and smo**king.
- In patients who plan to undergo surgical action, tell the doctor when consuming sumatriptan or other medicines.
- Be careful using sumatriptan if you are under 18 years of age or above 65 years old.
- Discuss with the doctor before using this medication, especially for those who have allergies in food, medicine, or other ingredients contained in Sumatriptan.
- The injectable sumatriptan should not be used more than 2 days in a week.
Dosage of Sumatripan.
Because the type of Sumatripan drug is a medicine that should be prescribed by the doctor and not a type of general drugs that are sold freely in the market, if one needs this drug, the person should consult a physician or Medical team who are already familiar with migraine cases.
Likewise with the dose to be consumed, the doctor will prescribe this medication according to the condition of each patient. However there are some standard doses that doctors usually give in patients depending on the form of sumatripan drugs consumed or used.
For Sumatripan tablets, doctors will generally give a dose of 50 to 100 milligrams per day when experiencing acute migraines and can be repeated after a 2-hour period when migraine is re-attacked.
The maximum dose per day that can be given by the doctor team to the patient is 300 milligran per day. For the use of the Sumatripan drug in the form of Nassal spray, the doctor will usually prescribe the Sumatripan drug 20 milligrams per 1 nostril each time use when the migraine is attacking, but if the Mgrain re-attack then the patient can repeat again Administration of 20 milligrams of sumatripan drug in the form of nassal spray to its nostrils.
The maximum administration of sumatripan drugs in the form of Nassal spray per day is only 40 milligrams.
As for the case of patients who need sumatripan in the form of injections, then the doctor will generally prescribe this drug in a dose of 6 milligrams in a single injection and can be repeated when the migraine returns acute after a period of 1 hour.
The iadministration of Sumatripan drug in the form of injection maximum 12 milligrams per day.
How To Cure A Migraine Fast.,
Sumatriptan Side Effects.
Ask for medical assistance immediately if you experience an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Discontinue using Sumatriptan and contact your doctor if you experience any serious Sumatriptan side effects such as:
- Pain or stiffness in the jaw, neck or throat
- Chest pain or feeling tightness, pain spreads to the arms or shoulders, nausea, sweating, feeling pain overall
- Sudden limb or numbness, especially on one side of the body
- Severe headaches, problems with vision, speech problems, or balance problem
- Severe abdominal pain and bloody diarrhea
- Numbness or tingling and looks pale or bluish on the fingers or toes; Or
- (If you are also using antidepressant), agitation, hallucinations, fever, rapid heartbeat, excessive reflexes, nausea, vomiting, loss of balance, fainting.
Thank you very much for reading Sumatriptan Side Effects, and Dosage, hopefully useful.
Last Updated on September 26, 2021 Reviewed by Market Health Beauty Team