Cancer Of The Kidney: Causes, Symptoms, and Diagnosis – Kidney cancer is a type of cancer that originally appeared in the kidneys. Humans have two kidneys located on either side of the lower back, beneath the ribs. The kidneys are organs in the body that serve to filter the impurities in the blood and dispose them in the form of urine.
In addition, the kidney also produces a renin hormone that serves to control blood pressure and erythropoietin hormones that function in the formation of red blood cells.
Most types of kidney cancer
The most type in the case of kidney cancer are adenocarcinoma, which develops in the kidney parenchyma.
The condition is often referred to as kidney cell cancer.
Kidney cancer is the same as in bowel cancer, which generally comes from adenocarcinoma.
Studies show there is a link between kidney cancer and kidney disease. Some research suggests that people with kidney disease may have a higher risk of developing kidney cancer.
On the other hand, about one-third of the 300,000 sufferers of kidney cancer in the United States has or will suffer from kidney disease. Some diseases are like,
- Long-term dialysis. Some research suggests that people with long-term dialysis have an increased risk of kidney cancer.
- Surgery of the kidneys or nephrectomy.
- Immunosuppressive drugs.
- Some anti-rejection medications to be taken by kidney transplant recipients to prevent rejection may increase the risk of kidney cancer.
Causes of kidney cancer
The cause of kidney cancer is not known for sure today. However, the doctor detected that the cancer started when DNA in the kidney cells mutated. This mutation causes renal cells to grow abnormal and uncontrolled. The accumulation of cells eventually forms tumors that can spread throughout the kidney or other body parts.
There are several factors that can increase the risk of kidney cancer, among others:
- Have family members with kidney cancer
- Long term dialysis side effects.
- Work in an environment that results in exposure to certain substances, such as cadmium.
- Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, which is a congenital disorder that causes tumors and cysts in some parts of the body.
Cancer Of The Kidney Symptoms
Kidneys are one of the most important human organs tnat have many functions.
The kidneys also include internal organs that are very prone to damage.
One of the most common kidney damage is kidney cancer.
The danger of kidney cancer will feel the symptoms or signs only after reaching the intermediate to advanced stage.
So many cases of kidney cancer that ends with death.
Looking at the condition, in fact, kidney cancer has a preliminary sign that we can know, the following include;
Blood in the urine
Hematuria or blood in the urine is one of the most common symptoms of kidney cancer.
According to the Kidney Cancer Association data, the chance of hematuria in kidney cancer sufferers can reach 40 to 50 percent.
The appearance of blood in the urine is usually inconsistent. Sometimes, the blood volume is so small that it can only be detected during a urinalysis.
Lower back pain
Back pain often occurs in people over 40 years of age. Nearly 41 percent of kidney cancer sufferers experience back pain.
However, usually this symptom is felt when the cancer has reached an advanced stage.
Pain can occur on the side of the pelvis or on the back of the ribs.
- Increased blood pressure sharply
- Pelvic pain.
- Stomach conditions that feel the presence of tumors in the stomach.
- Lower back Lump.
- Fatigue and weight loss.
- Fever but not sick.
- Swelling of blood vessels around the right tes**ticle.
Symptoms of kidney problems you should know
Cancer of The Kidney Diagnosis
In addition to laboratory tests, the presence of kidney cancer can also be detected by checking by other types of examinations. Here’s how:
- Abdominal ULTRASOUND Examination will find the presence of tumors in the kidneys. If the result of the examination has led to the patient’s kidney tumor is sent to the urologist who will conduct further treatment of kidney tumor, including the removal of the kidneys if there is suspected kidney cancer
- Examination of abdominal CT scans will further lead to the presence of kidney cancer and even spread that has occurred.
Thank you very much for reading Cancer Of The Kidney: Causes, Symptoms, and Diagnosis, hopefully useful.
Last Updated on August 14, 2020 Reviewed by Market Health Beauty Team