How To Find Out Your Blood Type – A person’s blood type is determined by their parent gene. Previously, before being known to know the blood type, the medical world considers all blood types to be the same.
Consequently, many complications are caused by different blood transfusions. It was only in 1901, found in the blood group.
Knowing the blood type is very important because it is related to many things. Ranging from blood transfusions between donors and recipients to other medical problems closely related to one’s blood type.
Each blood group has its own uniqueness. There are differences in protein molecules combined with antigen and antibodies. Antigen lives on the surface of red blood cells, while antibodies are in the plasma.
It is proper for everyone to know their own blood. It is important, if at any time someone needs a blood transfusion. How To Find Out Your Blood Type can be through a blood type test conducted in a clinic or hospital.
Blood type test is a test done to know one’s blood type. By knowing your own blood group, you can donate blood or receive blood transfusions safely. In addition, you who have married and plan to have children are also encouraged to know your blood type and rhesus as well as your spouse.
Rhesus (RH) is a special protein (antigen D) found on the surface of red blood cells. People with Rh positive (Rh +), have rhesus antigen. Conversely Rh negative (Rh-) does not have a rhesus antigen. Complications can occur when the mother with Rh-contains a fetus with an Rh + blood. Different rhesus conditions could threaten fetal safety.
How To Find Out Your Blood Type
Tests to check blood type are usually done with a blood test. The officer will take your blood samples taken through the syringe on the arm or hand.
The test involves mixing blood with two kinds of antibodies, which are the antibody opposite to the blood type A and the opposite of blood type B.
Afterwards, the laboratory officer will check if the blood cells are attached to each other or not. If attached, it means your blood samples react with one of the given antibodies.
To check the blood group again, the laboratory officers will take the fluid part of the blood that does not have blood cells or serum. The serum will be mixed with the blood of blood type A and B.
Blood type will be known through the following specialties:
- Blood type A has antigen A and antibodies B.
- Blood type B has antigen B and antibodies A.
- Blood type O does not have any antigen, but has antibodies A and B.
- The blood type AB has antigen A and B, but has no antibodies A or B.
In addition to checking the blood type, the laboratory officers will examine rhesus or Rh. Having an Rh positive means it will have protein cells on the surface of red blood cells. However, if you have an Rh negative, it means you don’t have that protein cell.
Knowing Rh is almost similar to the blood checking process. Your blood samples will be mixed with an anti-Rh serum. If your blood cells are attached to each other, then you have a blood type with an Rh type positive.
How To Find Out Your Blood Type With ABO
By using ABO technique, the test result will be in the blood group of 4, namely A, B, AB, and O.
- Blood type A, if red blood cells have antigen A. The antigen will produce antibodies to fight red blood cells.
- Blood type B, if red blood cells have antigen B. Antigen A will produce antibodies to fight red blood cells.
- In the blood type AB, red blood cells have an antigen A and B. Meanwhile, blood plasma does not have antibodies A and B.
- Blood type O, if red blood cells do not have antigen A and B. Antibodies A and B are produced in the blood plasma.
When blood is dripped in the field that has been given anti-substance, the determination of the blood type is:
- If blood clots in a field with anti A substance, then the blood type is A
- If blood clots in a field with anti B substance, then the blood type is B
- If blood clots in both fields, then the blood type is AB
- If blood does not clot in both areas, then the blood type is O.
How To Find Out Your Blood Type With the Rhesus (Rh) System
Along with the blood type test using ABO, the doctor will also identify Rhesus (Rh) blood from someone. The way by mixing antigen D and blood samples. After that, you will know which type of rhesus you have.
- Rhesus is positive (Rh +), if there is an Rh antigen in the red blood cells. People who have a positive rhesus can receive blood transfusions from people with Rh + and Rh-
- Rhesus is negative (Rh-), if there is no substance Rh in the red blood cells. People who have rhesus negative can only accept blood transfusions from people who have Rh- as well.
Is there a way of knowing the blood type without tests? Of course there are, despite their nature only as estimates or predictions:
How To Find Out Your Blood Type With knowing parents’ blood type
Knowing the blood type of parents is one way to know the blood type without test. Although it is only as an estimation, this method can be attempted.
- Blood type A and A, likely the child will have blood type O or A
- Blood type A and B, likely the child will have blood type A, B, O, or AB
- Blood type A and O, the likelihood of the child will have blood type A or O
- Blood type A and AB, the likelihood of a child will have blood type A, B or AB
- Blood type B and B, the likelihood of the child will have the blood type O or B
- Blood type B and O, the likelihood of the child will have blood type B or O
- Blood type B and AB, the likelihood of a child will have blood type A, B, or AB
- Blood type AB and AB, the likelihood of the child will have blood type A, B, or AB
- Blood type AB and O, the likelihood of the child will have A blood type A, or B.
The child’s blood type is not always similar to the parents ‘ blood type. Some combinations of blood types actually produce different blood types.
How To Find Out Your Blood Type By seeing physical condition
Physical conditions can also be used as a way to predict a person’s blood type. How to know this one blood type can be done by observing the physical, such as:
People with blood type A tend to have skin with small pores, smooth skin texture, not easy to sweat, and not prone to skin irritation.
People with blood type B tend to have thin skin layers and easily get irritated, large pores, and easily sweat.
People with AB blood type have skin types that can be said to be good and strong. It is based on the blood type AB is a mixture of blood type A and B.
People with a blood type O, the skin tends to have large pores, easily sweating when in the heat, and prone to allergies.
A blood type is susceptible to mild diseases such as flu, or other diseases transmitted by air.
Blood type B and O are said to have a good body resistance so that it is not easily attacked by disease.
AB blood type is susceptible to disease caused by unhealthy environmental factors.
To ensure that your blood type, it is better to conduct medical tests at hospitals and clinics that provide blood test services.