Meal management is the most important pillar for diabetes treatment. Diabetics will want to learn to recognize foods that cause high blood sugar and try to avoid the food. Basically, diabetics can consume any food like everyone else, but should be limited to containing sugar, fat, and sometimes high salt foods. It is also important to keep an eye on the amount of food you eat. Realized or not, nature has provided some wonderful food that can help control your blood sugar levels. The following are Foods to eat to control blood sugar levels.
Foods to eat to control blood sugar levels
- Cinnamon turns out could help control diabetes. In fact, the consumption of cinnamon may decrease insulin resistance, thus limiting blood sugar levels.
- Lemon juice.Lemon juice is a source of soluble fiber and rich in vitamin C. Both substances are proven to maintain blood sugar levels.
- Whole wheat is a frequent choice for diabetic patients as a substitute for rice. Inside there are whole grain fiber, vitamins, and minerals are also adding nutrients.
- People with diabetes, particularly type 2 diabetes should use olive oil as a cooking oil. In addition can help keep blood sugar levels, olive oil is also more healthy.
- For evening snacks, consume a small bowl of nuts such as walnuts, pistachios, cashews, almonds, and macadamia. C-reactive protein content that helps lower blood sugar levels as well as the content of HDL (good cholesterol) is the reason behind it.
- Sweet potatoes turned out can be a good option for diabetics because it is rich in fiber and contain a low glycemic index.
- Actually, not only people with diabetes, green vegetables are rich in fiber and can definitely help maintain blood sugar levels.
- The yogurt had a high-quality carbohydrates and protein so as to help prevent the rise in blood sugar levels in the body. But remember, not the yogurt added sweeteners or artificial flavorings.
- If you have family members suffering from diabetes, it is time to prepare the bitter melon or bitter gourd at the dinner table. These vegetables are very beneficial in lowering blood pressure and diabetes. But do not combine these foods with a blood sugar-lowering medications, because it could make your blood sugar go down drastically.
- The high content of pectin in the apples believed to help lower the body’s insulin needs. A 2005 study found that women who consumed at least one Apple a day were 28 percent less likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who did not eat apples.
- Fish (such as salmon and tuna) is a source of rich in omega-3 fatty acids-healthy fats that reduce the risk of heart disease, reduce inflammation, and improve insulin resistance.
- In a study published in the Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers in Australia found that place the chilies in a regular part of the diet every day will help lower blood sugar after eating a meal. In addition, the chili peppers also contain antioxidants, vitamin C and carotenoids that can help improve the regulation of insulin.
- Fenugreek, in addition to containing lots of fiber that is very important for diabetics, can reduce insulin resistance and control blood glucose levels by increasing the number of insulin receptors in red blood cells.
- Broccoli is the best source of chromium-a mineral that helps regulate insulin and blood sugar. It would be more protective when eaten raw or lightly cooked.
- Garlic has the active ingredients such as allyl propyl disulphide (APDS) and diallyl sulphide oxide (allicin). When combined with the flavonoids it will play an important role in lowering glucose levels. Allicin can combine with vitamin B1 (thiamine) to stimulate the pancreas to release insulin.
- Soybeans have little content of starch, but the amount of fiber and high in protein can provide a valuable effect in lowering the excretion of urine in people who suffer from diabetes.
Thank you very much for reading Foods to eat to control blood sugar levels, hopefully useful.