What are The Side Effects of Amlodipine Besylate? Amlodipine Besylate is an antihypertensive drug that belongs to the group of calcium channel blockers. This drug works by selectively inhibiting the inclusion of calcium ions into cell membranes, especially smooth muscle cells of blood vessels and heart muscle cells.
The drug also serves as a peripheral arterial vasodilator resulting in decreased peripheral vascular resistance and decreased blood pressure.
Amlodipine Besylate is a form of benzene sulfonate salt of amlodipine. Amlodipine Besylate is usually available in the following formulations: amlodipine Besylate 5 mg and 10 mg/tablet, caplet or capsules.
The use of amlodipine Besylate is for the following conditions:
- For the treatment of hypertension, both single therapy and combination with thiazide diuretics, beta adrenoceptor blockers, or ACE inhibitors.
- It is also used for the treatment of myocardial ischemia including angina pectoris and or vasospasme or coronary vascular.
- The drug is also used in coronary artery disease therapy.
Amlodipine Drug Warning For Human Health
- If you are in the influence of Amlodipine, do not operate any equipment including driving because Amlodipine can cause a headache for those who take it.
- Consult a doctor first if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women and want to take Amlodipine to overcome the disease you are suffering from.
- If children will take Amlodipine, you should also consult a doctor in order to provide the appropriate dose and not endanger your child.
- Amlodipine levels in the blood may increase if you consume grape juice, it is best to avoid this drink as long as you take Amlodipine.
- If you have an overdose and also allergic symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
This medication is one type of hard medication then make sure you take it under the supervision of a doctor. Do not let the origin of taking because if you get a wrong dose and overdose then it is not possible that you will get dangerous side effects to your health.
The things that the patient needs to note during the use of this drug are as follows:
- Be careful using this drug in sufferers with impaired hepatic function, especially renal failure of the kidneys, congestive heart failure and elderly patients.
- Do not use it without a doctor’s prescription or exceed the recommended dosage because diseases such as angina and acute myocardial infarction may deteriorate rapidly during early use and improper dose increase.
- Sudden discontinuation of the drug can increase the frequency and duration of chest pain. Gradually stop with doctor supervision.
- This medication can cause dizziness and drowsiness. Do not turn on the machine or drive a vehicle while using this drug.
What are The Side Effects of Amlodipine Besylate?
None of the drugs in this world have no side effects. Side effects will definitely arise after taking certain medications, even though it is not too heavy. Then, What are The Side Effects of Amlodipine Besylate?
Here is a list of possible side effects that can occur with medications containing Amlodipine Besylate. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects allow, but are not always the case. Some of these side effects are rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you notice any of the following side effects, especially if the side effects don’t disappear.
Amlodipine besylate side effects are often the case:
- Abdominal pain,
- Flushed skin,
- Peripheral edema.
- Abnormal renal function
- Back pain
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Sore throat
- Allergic rhinitis
Side effects such as
- Abnormalities in the blood,
- Tachycardia, and
- Jaundice occurs
Those are very rare, but will be fatal when it occurs. Therefore, the use of this drug should be supervised by a physician.
If you notice any other side effects that are not above, contact your doctor for medical advice. You can also report side effects to your local food and Drug Administration authorities.
Thank you very much for reading What are The Side Effects of Amlodipine Besylate? Hopefully useful.