Tips To Prepare For Pregnancy With These Steps – After marriage, the presence of children is certainly highly awaited by the couple. The presence of children in the midst of a small family will make the atmosphere warmer and more lively. Therefore, not a few newly married couples immediately plan a pregnancy program.
Well, in preparing for pregnancy can be started by running a healthy lifestyle. Preparing for pregnancy should be done as early as possible, after you decide to run a pregnancy program. This is very important to do so that your body is ready for pregnancy and stays healthy during pregnancy. Preparing for pregnancy also aims for the baby to grow and develop properly.
Well, for those of you who are planning to get pregnant, here are some tips for preparing for a healthy pregnancy. Let’s see below.
Tips To Prepare For Pregnancy With These Steps
Pregnancy is a moment awaited by every married couple. You certainly feel very happy waiting for the pregnancy. However, on the other hand, you may be pounding, especially if this is your first pregnancy.
For newly married couples who are planning a pregnancy, here are some Tips To Prepare For Pregnancy, such as the following.
Doing a Consultation with a Doctor
The first step to preparing for pregnancy is to consult a doctor. This is of course very important to do, especially if you are more than 30 years old or are suffering from certain diseases.
- You can immediately consult a doctor when a pregnancy plan has been decided.
- In addition to consulting, you can also perform several examinations related to your reproductive organs.
- To start a pregnancy program, you can consult a gynecologist.
Consuming Foods That Contain Balanced Nutrients
It is very important to pay attention to the type of food and drink you consume. Here are some tips to pay attention to.
- You should reduce foods or drinks that contain high calories but do not contain nutrients. Foods or drinks that contain artificial sweeteners should also be avoided, as well as foods or drinks that contain caffeine.
- Eat foods that are rich in iron, protein, calcium and folic acid.
- Eat vegetables, fruits, whole grains and low-fat dairy products.
- Avoid taking high doses of vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin E and Vitamin K. If consumed in excess, it can cause birth defects in the baby.
- Avoid eating fish with high mercury content, such as tuna.
Optimal health conditions, as well as an ideal body weight will make the mother-to-be ready to produce eggs. It is very important to maintain a good weight. Excess weight can cause pregnancy complications, such as hypertension and diabetes. If you are underweight, it can make it difficult for you to get pregnant. If your weight is ideal, the chances of getting pregnant will be even greater. Therefore, make sure your body mass index is considered normal when you are preparing for pregnancy.
- To maintain an ideal body weight, it is advisable to maintain a diet. Consume healthy foods and contain balanced nutrition.
- Avoid eating foods that can cause weight gain.
Regularly Doing Exercises
Exercise is a physical activity that has many health benefits. Exercise will also prepare you physically, improve the quality of your relationship with your partner, and increase fertility. A strong physical condition will also help you during the labor process.
- Do exercise regularly. Make sure you do the right exercise.
- You can do light exercise, for at least 30 minutes per day.
- Some types of exercise that you can try include yoga, cycling, walking, swimming or doing other light sports that you like.
- If you are not used to doing exercises, you can start exercising for 10 minutes. Then the duration can be increased gradually to 15 minutes, then 20 minutes and to 30 minutes.
- If necessary, you can consult with your doctor first.
Consuming Folic Acid
At least 6 months before pregnancy, you can take folic acid. Folic acid is useful for preventing birth defects, such as neural tube defects.
- Consume foods that contain folic acid, which is a great option for preparing for pregnancy.
- Not only from food, but you can also get folic acid by taking folic acid supplements. However, make sure you do a consultation first and ask for the right dose.
The next preparation for pregnancy is to keep the mind relaxed. If the mind is relaxed, the body will be relaxed, and vice versa.
- Avoid negative thoughts that actually make you stressed and stay positive.
- In addition, to avoid stress you can try to do fun activities.
As much as possible you and your partner should avoid depression. This is because this condition can affect fertility. Usually depression is more common in women and can be a cause of miscarriage.
If you are experiencing depression problems, such as moods and unmotivated, insomnia, changes in appetite, hopelessness and weakness, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Keep Your Teeth and Body Healthy
When you are pregnant, you will experience hormonal changes. Where these hormonal changes will make you more susceptible to cavities and gum disease. Where dental and gum disease is usually often associated with the risk of premature birth and problems with the development of fetal organs.
- Therefore, you should always consult a dentist regularly, before becoming pregnant and during pregnancy.
- You also have to be diligent in maintaining dental health and hygiene so that cavities and gingivitis can be avoided.
- In addition to regularly consult a dentist, when you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, you are advised to consult a gynecologist for regular health checks.
Avoid Bad Habits
When planning to get pregnant, you should stay away from bad habits and start implementing good habits.
Avoid smoking, consuming alcohol or caffeine because it will make it difficult for you to get pregnant and will make you more at risk of having a miscarriage.
The next tip is to start vaccinations. Some types of infections, such as German measles or rubella and smallpox will be dangerous for the unborn baby.
Therefore, in order to protect the health of you and your prospective fetus, it is advisable to vaccinate or immunize before you decide to start a pregnancy program.
By doing some of the tips above your body will be more ready to get pregnant. In addition, you can also consult a doctor so that your pregnancy program is successful. We hope that the information we have provided for you is useful.