Symptoms of cancer in children – Older people played an important role in recognizing and treating cancer in children. Do not let the delay of recognizing cancer in children is fatal.
It’s known, late diagnosis often occurs because the child cannot yet deliver the complaint appropriately. The case of childhood cancer is often found in the advanced stage. Supposedly, by alerting for easily recognizable signs and symptoms, the child’s cancer can be found in an earlier stage so that proper treatment can be cured. It is important for parents to recognize the symptoms of cancer in children.
Cancer is a condition of the cells had lost control of its normal mechanisms resulting in abnormal, rapid, and uncontrolled growth. The cancer cells will continue to divide (multiplication) without following faal (function) a normal body. The types of child cancers namely leukemia, retinoblastoma, neuroblastoma, osteosarcoma, malignant lymphoma, osteosarcoma, and nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
Symptoms of cancer in children
- On leukemia, the symptoms experienced by children are pale, fever without a clear reason, bleeding skin, bone pain and lethargy.
- Symptoms of retinoblastoma are squint, bulging of the eye, red eyes, enlarged corneas, inflammation of the eyeball tissue and blurred vision.
- In neuroblastoma, symptoms in the form of bluish around the eyes and a lump in the abdomen.
- Malignant lymphoma can be marked with bumps (more than 2 cm) painlessly, and quickly enlarged, shortness of breath, fever and weak and lethargic.
- The symptoms of osteosarcoma cancer may be bone pain (at night) after the activity as well as swelling, redness and pain at the site of pain. Then the occurrence of fractures after a routine activity, even without trauma, as well as the limited movement on the affected part of the cancer.
- The nasopharyngeal carcinoma symptoms include mucus mixed blood, nosebleeds, and nasal congestion. Then the ear feels full, buzzed and pain in the ear. Other symptoms are double vision and enlargement of the lymph nodes in the neck.
If parents suspect his son was suffering from cancer with these symptoms, it is quickly taken to the hospital, clinic or other health facility. Do not underestimate.
Until now the cause of cancer in a child is still in the research phase so the doctors and experts were not been able to verify it. But clearly, in general, cancer has associated with genetic or hereditary factors. Associated also with environmental factors, such as ciga**rette smo**ke, pollution and radiation.
Radiation is assumed to have an important role in the onset of cancer because it is part of the environmental factors. Radiation that does not mean it should be from electronic goods or from radioactive rays. Read also Health Effects of Toxic Chemicals in Your Home.
The next factor is certain infections in children, such as viral and bacteria infections, which cause the child changed his nature becomes diseased with cancer. The other variable is the habit, pattern or lifestyles, like smo**king, eating instant foods, lack of exercise, unbalanced food, lack of rest and so on.
Thank you very much for reading Symptoms of cancer in children, hopefully useful. Donot forget to read How to cure cancer?