Hyaluronic Acid Supplements: Benefits, Effectiveness, and How does It Work– Hyaluronic acid, also known as
Hyaluronic acid is a natural glycosaminoglicans, a natural structural component of the skin found in the connective tissues in the human body. Hyaluronic acid, also known as HA, can be obtained from various sources such as food or supplements. HA is widely distributed across connective tissues, nerves, and epithelium.
Read also: Things that can damage the skin.
Hyaluronic acid plays an important role in most areas of the body, especially beneficial for joints and skin. Its main function is to retain water so that your network is well-lubricated and moist.
The hyaluronic acid used as a drug extracted from the rooster comb or made by the bacteria in the laboratory.
People use hyaluronic acid for a variety of joint disorders, including osteoarthritis. Hyaluronic acid can be taken by the mouth or injected into the affected joint by a health professional.
The FDA has approved the use of hyaluronic acid during certain eye surgeries, including the removal of cataracts, corneal transplants, and detached retinal repairs and other eye injuries. Hyaluronic acid is injected into the eye during the procedure to help replace natural fluids.
Hyaluronic acid is also used as a lip filler in plastic surgery.
How does Hyaluronic Acid work?
The advantage of hyaluronic acid is its ability to retain moisture. Hyaluronic acid is said to have a greater capacity to retain moisture, compared to other natural or synthetic polymers. This is what makes Hyaluronic acid considered as an important ingredient for anti-aging, because the youth skin is very related to the moisture content of the skin.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Supplements
Hyaluronic acid has a variety of uses. Many people consider it as a supplement, but it is also used in spicy serum, eye drops and injections.
Here are some of the scientifically supported benefits of hyaluronic acid.
- Promotes healthier, more pliable skin.
- It can accelerate wound healing.
- Relieve joint pain by maintaining well-connected bones.
- Soothing symptoms of acid Reflux.
- Relieve dry and uncomfortable eyes.
- Maintain Bone Strength.
- Able to prevent bladder pain.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid for skin
The benefits of Hyaluronic Acid for skin mainly is retaining the skin moisture content. Hyaluronic acid, also known as Hyaluronan, is a clear and sticky substance that is produced naturally by your body. The largest amount is found in your skin, connective tissue and eyes. Its main function is to retain water for your network to be well coated and moist.
Here are some scientifically supported benefits of hyaluronic acid supplement and serum for skin:
- Promotes healthier, more pliable skin.
- Hyaluronic acid supplements can help your skin look and feel more supple.
- About half of the hyaluronic acid in your body is present in your skin, where it binds water to help retain moisture.
- However, natural aging processes and exposure to things like ultraviolet radiation from the sun, toba**cco smo**ke, and pollution can decrease the amount in the skin.
- Taking a hyaluronic Acid supplement may prevent this decline by giving your body an extra amount to put into the skin.
- Dosages of 120-240 mg per day for at least a month have been shown to significantly improve skin moisture and reduce dry skin in older people.
- Hydrated skin also reduces the appearance of wrinkles, which can explain why some research suggests that supplementation with it can make the skin look smoother.
- When applied to the surface of the skin, Hyaluronic acid serum can reduce wrinkles, redness and dermatitis.
Are hyaluronic acid supplements effective?
Research has been conducted involving 60 mixed subjects of men and women with a range of ages 22-59 years, of which all subjects have wrinkles on the eyes, and are divided into 2 groups. One group administered an HA supplement orally at a dose of 120 mg per day for 12 weeks. And the end result is after the administration of the HA Supplement for 8 weeks, the eye wrinkles in the group are significantly reduced, and after 12 weeks, the skin appears more moist and supple. So it can be concluded that the HA supplements orally can reduce wrinkles and improve the skin texture.