What is Barrett’s Esophagus?
Barretts Esophagus is a medical condition in which the cells that line the esophagus is damaged due to acid reflux. The layer will then become abnormal and turn into the cells that line the intestine.
Cells called squamous cells that usually coat the esophagus. In the case of Barrett’s Esophagus cells then transform into another type, i.e. Columnar. About 5%-10% of people who have experienced this disease eventually suffered from cancer of the esophagus cancer.
People who suffered from GERD or Gastroesophageal reflux disease, namely chronic diseases that cause acid reflux up from the stomach into the esophagus, often affected by Barrett’s Esophagus. You can reduce this condition by avoiding the risk factors. Discuss with your doctor for more information. (Read more about How To Cure GERD Permanently)
Signs and symptoms of Esophageal Barrett’s.
Most symptoms are shown similar to the people who suffered from acid reflux. (Read about How to cure acid reflux?)
Other symptoms include:
- heartburn at night
- chest pain
- It’s hard to swallow
- food choking or vomiting
- difficult breathing, hissing sound
- Dry throat or hoarseness.
The causes of Barrett’s Esophagus.
The causes of Barrett’s Esophagus is still not known, but it is believed the complaints started from disruptions of acid reflux, because the Barrett’s Esophagus can occur in 10%-15% of people who suffered from acid reflux. The disease is not hereditary and cannot be transmitted.
How To Cure Barrett’s Esophagus Naturally?
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing, which can put pressure on your stomach and aggravate reflux.
- Avoid foods and drinks that trigger Your heartburn.
- Avoid bending over or crouching, especially after eating.
- Avoid lying down after a meal. Wait at least three hours after eating to lie down or sleep.
- Elevate head of bed. Place the block of wood under your bed to elevate your head. Elevate 6 to 8 inches. Elevate your head with just using pillows is not a good alternative.
You are reading How To Cure Barrett’s Esophagus Naturally? Hopefully useful.