The difficulty of sleeping night is not only faced by pregnant women in old pregnancy or when entering the third trimester of pregnancy. The trouble sleeping early pregnancy can also occur and can interfere with daily activities.
Many things change in the body during pregnancy, even from the beginning pregnancy. Yes, in fact, not a few pregnant women have complained of insomnia during the night in the early pregnancy. In fact, when you are pregnant, you need enough rest time.
The first trimester pregnant is a time full of physical and mental changes. This is what leads to a hard night’s sleep and other trouble sleeping early pregnancy. In case of prolonged occurrence, this hard-to-sleep pregnant women will experience swollen eyes and fatigue.
In fact, why do many pregnant women’s difficulties falling asleep and are there any way to recover them?
What Causes Trouble Sleeping Early Pregnancy?
According to a study from the European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, from 486 pregnancies of approximately 44 percent of pregnant women among them reported frequent wakefulness or sleeplessness during nighttime in the early trimester of pregnancy.
While it is not really a condition to worry about, often experiencing insomnia in the early pregnancy can affect your body condition. Most of the time, you should get optimal bedtime, in order to maintain the health of your own body and the fetus in the womb.
Similar to the cause of insomnia that some people often experience, insomnia that occur in first trimester pregnant women also have the underlying cause of the primary. This is because while pregnant, the female body will undergo a change in the levels of progesterone hormones that tend to increase in the early trimester of pregnancy.
Not only that, there are still many things that cause insomnia in early pregnancy, such as:
Increase in progesterone hormones
Although in the early pregnancy, pregnant women often feel sleepy along with the increase of progesterone hormones. But unfortunately many are experiencing sleep disorder quality, as is often awakened at night sleep.
It is evident in a study examining the sleep patterns of a group of women before pregnancy and after pregnancy. The Total bedtime when early pregnancy has increased, but they are not able to achieve good quality sleep. It can then be accompanied by a sense of weakness to depression.
14 Other Causes
- Often experience insomnia before pregnancy
- Hunger in the Midnight
- Shortness of breath.
- Anxious and worried
- Eating too much spicy food, causing digestive problems and abdominal pain
- Body discomfort.
- Abdominal discomfort.
- Back pain.
- Frequent urination
- Restless legs syndrome (RLS)
- A dream that makes you suddenly wake up.
How to overcome insomnia during the first trimester pregnancy
Very annoying when the couple is sleeping so soundly, our eyes are just wide open in the middle of the night.
Before the insomnia that was initially considered harmless to us and the baby in the womb continues to be a health problem because it cannot be overcome, You could do the following tricks to overcome insomnia:
- Avoid screen time at least one hour before bedtime, such as viewing the TV screen and viewing mobile phone. This habit is very impactful with your sleep quality. Instead, try reading a book.
- Soak in about 10 minutes in the bathtub before bedtime and light the candle with therapeutic aromas in the bathroom side. In the first trimester, be careful with the temperature of water is too hot because it can be harmful to the growing baby.
- At bedtime, avoid consuming caffeine-containing intake, such as chocolate, coffee, tea, and soft drinks. This intake can make you awaken at night. In addition, caffeine is not recommended for pregnant women, so it is better not to touch it during pregnancy.
- Sleep and wake up at almost the same time every day.
- Avoid alco**hol and tobacco.
- Avoid spicy foods.
- Do exercise regularly, but don’t get too close to bedtime.
- Always positive thinking during gestation period.
- Reveal any anxiety that is felt to those closest to you.
- Don’t overdo too much physical activity that allows you to get tired quickly.
Thank you very much for reading Trouble Sleeping Early Pregnancy: 15 Causes, and How To Overcome It, hopefully useful.