Soy Sauce Ingredients and How To Make it – Soy sauce is a kitchen seasoning or flavoring of food that is in the form of black liquid that tastes sweet or salty.
Soy sauce is the result of fermented high-protein food ingredients in saline solution. In most Asian countries, soy sauce is a common flavor made from soy beans. The soybean seed used can be either white soy or black soy seeds. Soy sauce is commonly used to add flavor to food. The sweet or salty flavor in soy sauce differs from the salty and sweet flavor given by sugar and salt, as it has been fermented.
Omega 3 6 9: The Benefits and Side Effects.
There is soy sauce made by fermenting soy for a long period of time, and some are for a short time. The length of the fermentation period that determines the length of soy sauce can last at room temperature.
The basic ingredient of soy sauce is generally soy or black soy. But there is also soy sauce made from coconut water that generally feels salty.
Sweet soy sauce is usually thick and made from soy, while the salty soy sauce is more fluid and made from soy with more salt compositions, or even sea fish. Apart from soy based or black soy even coconut water, soy sauce can also be made from solid pulp from tofu making.
How to make soy sauce from soy beans (Homemade).
- Screen / Filter cloth.
Soy Sauce Ingredients.
Here are the soy sauce ingredients:
- 1 Kg soy (can be black or white soy).
- 800 grams of salt were dissolved with 4 liters of water.
- 3 grams of Tempeh mushroom.
- 1 1/2 liters of clean water.
- 6 Kg brown sugar.
- 2 salam / bay leaves.
- 1 orange leaf.
- 1 stalk lemongrass.
- 1 tsp crushed Solanum torvum.
- 1/4 pieces of mashed Alpinia galanga.
How to make soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 kg of soy to make soy sauce.
- Wash the soybeans you have prepared to clean.
- Then soak for 1 × 24 hours. It aims to make soy soft and its skin easy to release.
- Then boil the soybean until boiling. It is also aimed to let the soy skin easily released.
- Then rinse the soybeans with clean water and make sure all the soy bark has been detached.
- Then drain at the wide spot until the soy is really cold. And make sure the soy has been completely cold perfection, so that every tempeh yeast that we spread does not die.
- Next sprinkle the tempeh yeast into the soy that is being swirled while stirring so that the yeast is well blended into the whole soybean.
- Then store the soy that has been mixed with the tempeh yeast in the room temperature 25-30 degrees Celsius. Do this storage for 3 – 5 days.
- After the soy that we have stored are overgrown with tempeh mushrooms, you can add a saline solution of 800 grams mixed with 4 liters of clean water. Then let this soy sauce mixture for 3-4 weeks at room temperature.
- After leaving in 3-4 weeks (maximum 2 months), then pour clean water. Boil this mixture until it is boiled and then filter it with the filter / screen cloth.
- Re-boil the filter soy sauce mixture Results Then add the seasoning (ingredients) from the number 5 – 10. Gently stir so that the sugar melts and other ingredients are also evenly blended.
- For the addition of brown sugar depends on our needs. If you want to make a sweet soy sauce, then you need 2 kg of brown sugar for each liter of soy sauce mixture is boiled back in step Number 10. So if you boil 2 liters of soy sauce mixture mean you need 4 kg of brown sugar and apply its multiplication.
- Whereas if you want to make a salty soy sauce, then you only need 2.5 ounces of brown sugar for every liter of re-boiled soy sauce mixture. Valid for multiplication.
- The process of boiling soy sauce is stopped when the soy sauce is boiled and there is no more foam. Then filter using a sieve cloth.
- Soy sauce is also ready to be consumed and made of seasoning in each of your dishes.
Thank you very much for reading Soy Sauce Ingredients and How To Make it, hopefully useful.
Last Updated on February 28, 2022 Reviewed by Market Health Beauty Team