Enlarged Heart Symptoms do not always arise, if the disturbance experienced is not severe. Therefore, do not ignore the mild symptoms that you may actually have felt when experiencing an enlarged heart.
An enlarged heart or cardiomegaly is not a disease, the condition is precisely a sign of a specific clinical condition or disease. Enlarged Heart Symptoms arising depends on the cause. In some people, the enlarged heart does not cause symptoms, but in some other symptoms the enlarged heart can make the body feel uncomfortable.
- 1 Enlarged Heart Symptoms and Signs
- 2 Causes of Enlarged Heart Symptoms
Enlarged Heart Symptoms and Signs
It is important to recognize the causes and Enlarged Heart Symptoms, because the condition of the enlarged heart will be easier to handle when detected early.
The following signs and symptoms are often encountered in some patients with an enlarged heart, among others:
Pain in the chest.
The sufferer will experience the pain that will further spread from the chest to the rest of the body, if this has happened much needed medical help.
Shortness of breath.
Symptoms that usually occur in the beginning for people with enlarged heart disease. For people with heart disease can heal by lying down, but it does not help when the heart is enlarged.
Read also: 7 Things that can cause heart disease
Swelling in some parts of the body.
If you experience the enlarged heart, then the foot or usually the hand part will enlarge, this is one of the symptoms of enlarged heart pain because the blood flow is not smooth and accumulate in certain parts.
Easy to get tired.
Patients with enlarged heart often experience severe fatigue, even if they are not undergoing heavy physical activity. This condition tends to affect not maximal heart work.
In general, patients with heart disease will experience weight loss, but the sufferer who experiences the enlarged heart is gaining weight, it is not separated from the enlarged heart influence.
4 Other symptoms
- Arrhythmia or heart rhythm disorders.
- Palpitation or heart palpitations. (Learn about Heart Palpitations After Eating: The causes and Tips for Overcoming it)
- Great dizzy.
The degree of enlarged heart symptoms that arise in everyone can vary. There are some people who hardly feel the symptoms at all. Some have felt mild symptoms for a few years. But generally, when the enlarged heart becomes worse, it will cause shortness of breath worsening.
Causes of Enlarged Heart Symptoms
An enlarged heart condition is caused by a condition that forces the heart to work harder. In general, due to certain disorders in the heart or circulatory system, among others:
Coronary artery disease
A fat heap or plaque that accumulates in one or more of the coronary arteries (heart). This leads to a constant decay called atherosclerosis and results in narrowing of the arteries. This will reduce the supply of oxygen, which is the fuel for the pump.
High blood pressure (hypertension)
The blood is pumped up with a strength more than usual through the arteries, which puts the burden on the heart. Causes of high blood pressure include obesity and lifestyle.
Idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy
Heart muscle disease, an unknown cause. The enlarged or widened heart is one of the most common types of cardiomyopathy. The most common symptom patients get with cardiomyopathy is shortness of breath and swelling in the ankle. Less frequent symptoms include dizziness and chest pains.
- Have experienced a heart attack
- Abnormalities of the thyroid gland
- Has hereditary heart disease
- Arrhythmia (cardiac rhythm disorder)
- Congenital heart conditions (congenital heart defects)
- Heart valve disease suffered
- The body has excess iron or hemochromatosis
- Pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure on blood vessels linking the heart and lungs)
- Other abnormalities that affect the heart, such as amyloidosis, that is, the condition of the protein does not normally circulate in the blood and have a buildup in the heart to interfere with your heart function. When the amyloid is stacked in the heart, it will be enlarged.
Thank you very much for reading Enlarged Heart Symptoms and Causes, hopefully useful.
Last Updated on December 27, 2019 Reviewed by Market Health Beauty Team