How to Gain Weight During Pregnancy – One of the important things that should be considered during pregnancy is weight gain. If the weight gain during pregnancy is not appropriate, then this condition can cause problems in pregnancy. Conversely, excessive weight gain is also not good because it can cause large baby weight, can also cause various complications during pregnancy.
Weight gain during pregnancy is not only due to the growth of the fetus in the womb, but also the growth of the umbilical cord, uterine masses, amniotic fluid, placenta and breast mass.
How to Gain Weight During Pregnancy
To help gain weight during pregnancy, some of the tips below you can do.
Consuming a Balanced Nutrient Intake
The first way how to gain weight during pregnancy is to eat a balanced diet. In order to meet the needs of macronutrients and micronutrients, pregnant women need a balanced nutritional intake.
- Macronutrients themselves consist of carbohydrates that are useful for energy sources, fats that are beneficial for fetal brain growth, proteins that are beneficial for fetal cell growth.
- While micronutrients can be obtained from the intake of folic acid, iron, vitamin D, B vitamins, vitamins, calcium and minerals that are useful for supporting pregnancy.
Increase Eating Frequency
During pregnancy, pregnant women will experience various complaints such as nausea, heartburn to abdominal pain. You can eat small portions but often.
- To help deal with these complaints you can eat as much as 5 to 6 small portions.
- Make sure you eat regularly. If needed, when you go out or travel, you can bring snacks so you can get food intake on time.
Know the Calorie Needs of Each Trimester
Another way how to gain weight during pregnancy is to know the calories that pregnant women need each trimester. The daily calorie needs of pregnant women vary in each trimester. During the first trimester of pregnancy, additional calories are not needed by pregnant women. However, during the second trimester of pregnancy, pregnant women need an additional 300 calories per day. Then for the third trimester of pregnancy, an additional 500 calories per day are needed.
- Well, as a way to gain weight during pregnancy, make sure you meet your body’s daily calorie needs.
- However, make sure you don’t overeat or exceed the calorie intake limit so that you don’t gain weight excessively.
Consumption of Varied Food
Eating a varied diet is very important to help gain weight during pregnancy. By eating a variety of foods, the body will get different nutrients from different types of food.
- In the menu, you can vary various types of food. In addition to the varied types of food, you can also vary the shape of the dish so you don’t get bored.
- Avoid eating raw foods such as undercooked meat and raw vegetables during pregnancy. The reason will be the risk of transmission of Toxoplasma.
Regular Pregnancy Control
During pregnancy, you have to control regularly and do regular weighing. This is done so that weight gain can be monitored to find out whether the weight gain is appropriate or not.
- You can consult a gynecologist during pregnancy control regarding weight gain, whether it is appropriate or not.
- You can also consult about how to increase the right weight during pregnancy.
You Might Also Like:
What is Obgyn Stand For
That’s how to gain weight during pregnancy that you can try. For more details, you can consult a doctor.
Last Updated on May 8, 2022 Reviewed by Market Health Beauty Team