Vertigo Exercises at Home Video – Have You ever felt Vertigo? If what you feel is a rotating sensation, which arises suddenly on the change of position of the head or body, occurs briefly (less than 30 seconds), and accompanied by nausea, sometimes vomiting, you may experience Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV).
BPPV is the most common type of vertigo. Although the symptoms seem heavy, vertigo is not something dangerous and has a good level of healing. BPPV can disappear spontaneously after a while, although sometimes it can take a long time and can intermittently recur.
In patients with BPPV, therapy with anti-vertigo drugs are often not necessary. Important and beneficial therapies for BPPV patients are vestibular rehabilitation therapy, an exercise or rehabilitation in Vertigo, which aims to remove the debris from the Semisircularic Canal, which is the cause of BPPV.
There are several useful exercises in the case of BPPV, namely: Epley maneuvers, Semont maneuvers, Brandt-Daroff exercises, and Log roll exercises. Brandt-Daroff’s Exercise method is a rehabilitation method for the case of the BPPV that can be done at home, in different other exercise methods that should be done by doctor supervision or medical personnel. The Brandt-Daroff exercise method is usually used when the BPPV side is unclear.
If you are prone to vertigo, there are a few things that you need to know, such as:
- Beware of losing your balance, which can cause you to fall and have serious injuries.
- Immediately sit down when you feel dizzy.
- Use a good and bright light, immediately turn on the light when you wake up at night.
- Use the stick to walk when you have a high risk to fall off.
- You should work closely with your doctor to manage your symptoms effectively.
To overcome the dizzying sensation that can make you vomit, there are powerful vertigo exercises that you can do yourself at home.
If vertigo comes from the ear and the left side:
- Sit on the edge of your mattress. Turn your head 45 degrees to the left. Put the pillow beneath you, so when you lie down, the pillow rests between the shoulders and not beneath your head.
- Immediately lay down, head facing the mattress (fixed at an angle of 45 degrees). The pillow should be under your shoulders. Wait 30 seconds (for each vertigo to stop).
- Turn your head 90 degrees to the right without lifting it. Wait 30 seconds.
- Turn your head and body from the left side to the right side, so you can see the floor. Wait 30 seconds.
- Slowly sit again, but stay on the mattress for a few minutes.
If the vertigo comes from the right ear.
You just repeat the same instruction with the above. Sit on the mattress, turn your head 45 degrees to the right, and continue the instructions in its continuation. Do this gesture three times before bedtime every night, until you do not get dizzy again in 24 hours.
Epley Maneuver Video:
Read also: How To Cure Vertigo Fast.
Half-Somersault or Foster Maneuver
Some alternative maneuvers can be performed, one of the Half Somersault or Foster Maneuver methods that some vertigo sufferers can feel the benefit.
- Try to kneel down and stare at the ceiling a few seconds.
- Bending with the head was between both knees and forehead touching the floor. Keep this position for approximately 30 seconds until the vertigo attack stops.
- Tilt your head 30 seconds to the sides of the ears that feel vertigo.
- Then lift your head quickly until it aligns with your back while your knees and both hands still touch the floor. Keep your head at a tilt of 45 degrees for 30 seconds.
- Keep your head upright while continuing to tilt to the side affected by vertigo. Stand up slowly.
- Repeat 15 minutes later if symptoms still feel.
Half-Somersault or Foster Maneuver Video:
Here’s what you need to do for this exercise:
- Start with an upright position and sit on your bed.
- Tilt your head around the angle of 45 degrees from the side that causes your vertigo.
- Move to the lying position on one side with your nose pointing upwards. Stay in this position for about 30 seconds or until vertigo decreases. Then return to the sitting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
- You must perform these movements from three to five times in a single session. You must have three sessions a day for up to 2 weeks, or until the vertigo disappears for 2 days.
Brandt-Daroff Movement Video
After doing these vertigo exercises, try not to tilt your head too far up or down. If you do not feel any change, then you should consult a physician.
Read also: How To Cure Lightheadedness.
It could be that you don’t do the exercises right or there are other unknown causes.