Morgellons removal has become one of the hottest discussion topics among medical practitioners for the last few years. Mostly, they were talking about whether there is an exact and effective treatment for this disease or not. However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t recover when you have this condition. Here, you will find out about Morgellons and what kind of method that you can use to treat it.
What is Morgellons disease?
Morgellons disease is a rare condition that could happen to a person. When you get this disease, you will feel extreme itching in some areas. Furthermore, many people also experience a unique sensation, which mostly is the feeling of something crawling, like bugs, under their skin, especially the area that is affected by this disease. Moreover, in the case of advanced Morgellons, the patient also has some kind of fiber that is embedded or extruded from the skin of the affected area.
The Symptoms of Morgellons Disease
To understand more about Morgellons disease, you also should know about the symptoms that occur when you have this disease. This information will help you to take the precaution and receive the treatment before it gets worse. So, here are several Morgellons symptoms that are commonly found in most cases:
- The fiber appearance on the affected skin. It could be seen clearly under the skin, embedded in the skin, or projected out of the skin. The color is different from person to person. Mostly, you can see whether black, white, red, or blue.
- Slow healing ulcers on the affected skin.
- Extreme fatigue.
- Concentration and memory problems.
- Muscle pain combined with joint pain.
- Formication or a sensation of something happens to your skin, even though there is no physical contact. In Morgellons disease, the sensation comes like an insect crawling on your skin. Some people also feel a biting and stinging sensation.
- Skin wounds that appear without any cause.
If you have at least one or two of those symptoms, we recommend you visit your doctor to seek help. The doctor will decide what kind of treatment that you can use to treat your Morgellons disease. Mostly, the patients will get medication or therapy.
The Cause of Morgellons Disease
The medical world has two opinions about the cause of Morgellons disease. The first one is the mental problem. They see Morgellons disease as a hallucination caused by the mental problem, like stress, anxiety, and other problems that happen to a person. When they experience this condition, they feel the same symptoms like we mentioned above.
There are also many studies about how your mind affects your body. It is scientifically proven and does affect your body physically. Therefore, the appearance of fiber and the itching or crawling sensation that the patient feels is diagnosed coming from this source.
There is also another group of scientists that sees Morgellons as the infection case. They found out that the patient that suffers from Morgellons disease also has similar symptoms and conditions for Lyme disease. Therefore, the Morgellons removal method for this cause mostly is similar to how doctors treat a patient with Lyme disease.
In some studies, scientists even claimed that the cause of Morgellons disease is Lyme disease. So, patients with Lyme disease potentially also suffer from Morgellons disease. Because of this statement, we also can find the cause of Morgellons disease, which is the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi. In a rare case, this condition also occurs because of Borrelia mayonii.
Here are the studies that try to find out the cause of Morgellons disease, but the result still has not given us a clear explanation about its cause:
- In 2012, the researchers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted a test on 115 subjects that had Morgellons disease symptoms. They found that 43% of them have hallucination problems regarding the appearance of fiber in their skin. 19 people have the fungus infection, but no one has Borrelia burgdorferi.
- In 2015, there was also a study about Morgellons disease. 24 out of 25 test subjects were detected to have Borrelia burgdorferi.
- In 2017, there was another study on a 30-years old Korean woman that claimed she had this disease. In the end, after the Morgellons autopsy, the study found out that she only has a hallucination.
Many other studies try to reveal the cause of Morgellons disease and how it can appear in some people. But, we still haven’t found the cause of this disease, whether it is a parasite or a mental problem.
The Treatment for Morgellons Disease
Without information about the cause of Morgellons disease, how can we treat it? You don’t have to worry. Visit your doctor and they will give you the best solution that you need. Mostly, you will receive two types of diagnosing. And, each of them will lead you to the different treatments you can use to remove the Morgellons disease symptoms from your body.
If the doctor diagnosed you with a psychological problem, they will recommend you for taking therapy or other psychological treatment. In some cases, your doctor may prescribe the medicine to ease your anxiety and stress level, to help you recover.
On the other hand, if your doctor detected some infection from Morgellons parasites, like the bacterium that causes Lyme disease, or fungus infection, they might prescribe you the medication to remove that cause. For example, you could get antibiotics that help you to kill the bacteria infection and support your body to recover from the long-lasting skin wound that occurs because of Morgellons disease.
Learn more about How I Cured Morgellons
Therefore, if you feel uncomfortable with your body and find the symptoms of Morgellons disease, go to your doctor immediately. We hope this article also helps you to explain what you feel and adjust to the treatment that you got from your doctor. Take it easy and stay calm. You will find the best Morgellons removal for your condition and health.
- Image: Marianne J Middelveen, Cheryl Bandoski, Jennie Burke, Eva Sapi, Katherine R Filush, Yean Wang, Agustin Franco, Peter J Mayne and Raphael B Stricker (2015) “Exploring the association between Morgellons disease and Lyme disease: identification of Borrelia burgdorferi in Morgellons disease patients” ; Research article ; BMC Dermatology201515:1 ; DOI: 10.1186/s12895-015-0023-0; Open Access : “This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly credited.”, CC BY-SA 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0, via Wikimedia Commons
- Video: Science Channel
Last Updated on January 16, 2022 Reviewed by Market Health Beauty Team