Levofloxacin 750 mg: Indication, Rule of Use, and Contraindications – Antibiotics can be said to be a destroyer of life, or it can also be called a chemical substance produced by microorganisms that have the ability, in dilute solutions, to inhibit growth or kill other microorganisms.
Based on its mechanism of action, antibiotics can be divided into five groups, namely, impairs microbial cell metabolism, inhibit the synthesis of microbial walls, disrupt the permeability of microbial cell membranes, inhibit the synthesis of microbial cell proteins, and Inhibits the synthesis or damaging of the microbial cell nucleic acid.
Specifically, in this article, we will discuss one of the fluoroquinolone that serves to inhibit or damage the nucleic acid of the microbial cell, the Levofloxacin drug. Here are the explanations in the following articles.
Levofloxacin 750 mg
Levofloxacin is a quinolone antibiotic-type drug that can be used to treat bacterial infections, such as urinary tract infections, pneumonia, sinusitis, skin infections, soft tissues, and pros**tate infections. The drug can also be used to treat anthrax, as well as prevent bubonic plague (including pneumonia and septicemic forms). Levofloxacin works by killing the bacteria and preventing it from regrowing.
Levofloxacin is usually used if other antibiotics cannot cope with an existing infection or cannot be prescribed by a physician for any reason. Since levofloxacin is an antibiotic, it cannot be used to treat infections caused by viruses, such as flu, colds, or other viral infections.
To cure a bacterial infection that is sensitive to levofloxacin: sinusitis, acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, and urinary tract infections.
Levofloxacin 750 mg Description.
Levofloxacin is a broad spectrum, active against Gram-negative and positive bacteria. This drug is for treating bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections, pneumonia, bronchitis, sinusitis, dermatitis, soft tissues and pros**tate infections. With the use of this drug should comply with the doctor’s instructions.
Rule of use.
- Taking before or after meals.
- Please read the Medicines instructions provided by the pharmacist before using this medication. If you have any questions, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take this medication as recommended by the doctor, usually once a day with or without food. Drink plenty of water when taking this medication unless the doctor’s recommendation is different.
- The dose of levofloxacin and duration of use depends on your health condition and response to treatment. For children with certain infectious diseases, the dose of levofloxacin can also be based on body weight.
- Antibiotics work well if the amount is always the same or constant in the body. So, use this drug with approximately the same interval.
- Continue the use of this drug until it is prescribed depleted, although symptoms disappear after a few days. Stopping the drug too quickly can make further bacteria flourish, which is finally re-infected.
- Use this drug at least 2 hours before or after using other medications that can bind this medication, reducing its effectiveness. Ask your pharmacist about other products you use. Such as: quinapril, vitamins/minerals (including iron and zinc supplements), and products containing magnesium, aluminum, or calcium (such as antacids, or didanosine solutions, calcium supplements).
- Follow the rules given by your doctor or pharmacist before starting treatment. If you have any questions, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Hypersensitivity to levofloxacin and other fluoroquinolone.
- Pregnant and lactation.
- Children < 12 years.
Should be prescribed by the doctor. Caution in sufferers of renal impairment, DM, and disorders of the central nervous system. Pregnant and nursing women.
Warning for Use of Levofloxacin Medication.
Use of the Levofloxacin drug should correspond to the dose of Levofloxacin administered by a physician. You should do the consultation first before taking this Levofloxacin medication with your doctor. Levofloxacin drug can only be purchased in pharmacies if you have a prescription from a physician.
Read also: Methadone side effects.
Thank you very much for reading Levofloxacin 750 mg: Indication, Rule of Use, and Contraindications, hopefully useful.
Last Updated on July 6, 2020 Reviewed by Market Health Beauty Team