L Carnitine Benefits, Types, and Side Effects – L-carnitine is an amino acid form that is produced naturally in the body or can also be obtained from certain food sources, as well as in supplement form. L-Carnitine has a variety of benefits for the body, however, you need to know the level of safety of consuming it so as not to cause adverse side effects.
L-carnitine has an important role in producing energy, namely by carrying fatty acids into the mitochondria in your body cells. This mitochondria acts as a machine that burns fat to create energy that the body can use in the activity. L-carnitine is good for heart and brain function, muscle movement, as well as all processes that occur inside the body.
L-Carnitine supplements are typically commonly used by those who are building muscle. In addition, this active substance can also be obtained from everyday foods that we often consume.
Types of L-Carnitine
Actually L-Carnitine is a form of Carnitine compounds. These compounds can be obtained from foods, supplements, and can be directly produced by the body. For the types, we know there are four different types.
This type of Carnitine is an inactive type. A large amount can trigger carnitine deficiency because this substance absorbs active particles that are beneficial to the body.
This type of Carnitine has included the most active and excellent for brain health. The fulfillment of acetyl-L-carnitine will prevent the body from affecting the brain disease especially associated with decreased memory.
This active ingredient is more widely used to improve blood circulation and prevent cardiovascular problems.
This type is the most widely used in the world of fitness and sports. This easily absorbed substance can be used to overcome pain muscles and repair them quickly.
In general, the types of Acetyl-L-carnitine and L-Carnitine become the most effective forms of the carnitine to be used widely. However, you should still choose the best carnitine form to suit your needs and goals.
The role of L-Carnitine in the body
The primary role of L-Carnitine in the body involves mitochondrial function and energy production. In the body’s cells, L-Carnitine is able to help transport fatty acids into the mitochondria, where the fatty acids are burned to be energized.
A study published in the journal Clinical Pharmacokinetics explained that about 98% of L-Carnitine reserves are within the muscle tissues, the rest are in the liver and blood.
In addition, L-Carnitine is able to help improve mitochondrial function, which plays an important role in combating disease and fighting premature aging.
A study conducted in 2004 in the Research Center Amsterdam explained that there are many positive benefits of the various forms of carnitine, which each form can be used in accordance with the conditions being experienced, such as Heart and Brain disease.
L Carnitine Benefits
L-carnitine supplements are generally effective for addressing some of the following conditions:
- Serious kidney disease.
- Deficiency of L-carnitine.
- High levels of thyroid hormone (hyperthyroidism). Consuming L-carnitine may seem to improve symptoms such as rapid heartbeat or pounding, nervousness, and weakness in people with high levels of thyroid hormones.
- Male Infertility
- Inflammation of the Heart (Myocardiditis).
- Prevents side effects caused by valproic acid (Depacon, Depakene, Depakote, VPA), convulsive drugs.
Use of this L carnitine supplement has some excellent benefits to the body. What are the benefits, here are the L carnitine benefits.
- The main function of this L carnitine supplement as it has already been mentioned is as a substance that helps the transportation of fats to be able to pass through the mitochondrial membrane in cells so as to convert fat in the body into more optimal energy.
- A study also shows other benefits of this L carnitine supplement i.e. it can increase the amount of fat that is able to be burned and can improve muscle endurance so it is very good for those of you who are in a weight loss process and like Sports.
- The fat burning process will be faster if you exercise and take this supplement. So you who are dieting can get the ideal body faster.
- Use of L carnitine supplements is also able to increase blood flow and enlarge blood vessels so that circulating blood and oxygen flow can be greater.
- By using L carnitine supplements can make the recovery of muscle strength even faster, especially after you do sports and exercise.
- Because this L carnitine supplement is capable of blood circulation then it is very good for heart health can even help overcome health disorders in the heart areas such as angina, heart attack and heart failure.
- Other benefits of L carnitine supplements are also capable of addressing very severe fatigue problems such as depression, chronic fatigue syndrome as well as Alzheimer’s disease. This is because in L carnitine supplement, there is a content that is able to increase the production of energy that is able to improve the functioning of the brain disorders.
- L carnitine supplements can also help solve less memory problems like senile that many elderly people experience.
Those are some of the L carnitine benefits that you can get. However, for consumption of this supplement, you may need to do a consultation first with your doctor as you may not be allowed to take L carnitine supplements.
L-Carnitine supplement side effects
L-carnitine is likely safe when consumed for up to 12 months, and when used in the form of injections, with the approval of a physician. This supplement may cause side effects like the following few things:
- Abdominal pain
L-carnitine supplements can also cause urine, breath, and sweat into a fishy smell.
Thank you very much for reading L Carnitine Benefits, Types, and Side Effects, hopefully useful.