Markethealthbeauty.com | How to Lower High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy – The problem of high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy can be a serious health problem. The appearance of high blood pressure during pregnancy can be a sign of preeclampsia.
Preeclampsia can cause your baby to be born with a low birth weight and cause kidney problems in pregnant women. So it is very important for pregnant women with high blood pressure to always have regular consultations and checks with the doctor. If high blood pressure cannot be controlled, it can endanger the safety of the mother and baby.
Well, here are some ways you can do to help lower high blood pressure during pregnancy.
How to Lower High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
There are several ways that can be done to control high blood pressure during pregnancy. Before doing so, you can first consult with your doctor. Let’s see how to lower high blood pressure during pregnancy below.
Stress can be experienced by anyone, including pregnant women. In pregnant women or not, stress can cause blood pressure to increase.
- To help control high blood pressure, you should manage stress well.
- You can do things that are fun and relaxing, such as yoga, meditation or breathing techniques. In addition to helping reduce stress, this activity can also help overcome labor pains.
Pregnant women who have high blood pressure are advised to get enough rest. This method will be able to reduce high blood pressure in pregnant women.
Therefore, it is very important to have sufficient time and rest to control high blood pressure during pregnancy.
Reducing Salt Intake
Consuming too much salt can cause hypertension problems. Therefore, to help lower high blood pressure you should reduce salt intake.
Not only reducing salt intake, but you should also avoid processed foods, canned foods and fast food. The reason, this type of food contains sodium is quite high.
Consuming Foods High in Potassium
Potassium will be able to help stabilize blood pressure. Therefore, you can eat foods that are high in potassium.
Foods high in potassium you can get from whole grains such as wheat, kidney beans, potatoes, bananas to tomatoes. Whole grains are rich in fiber, which can help treat hypertension.
Move a lot
Someone who is sedentary tends to have high blood pressure. You can do more movement to help lower high blood pressure.
- You can add physical activity that is safe for pregnant women. Of course, you should consult your doctor first. Not only can lower blood pressure, but moving a lot will also help reduce stress.
- You can do 30 minutes of light exercise every day. Some light exercises that can be chosen include walking or swimming.
Eating Healthy Food
Eating healthy foods is also important to help lower high blood pressure during pregnancy.
- You can eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce your intake of trans fats and saturated fats. As for some foods that contain this fat, including processed meat, butter or milk that contains fat.
- You should also avoid eating instant food while you are pregnant. The reason is, some instant foods are high in sugar and sodium, which can have a bad impact on the fetus in the womb.
That’s how to lower high blood pressure during pregnancy. You can also consult a doctor to find out the right way to lower blood pressure during pregnancy.
Last Updated on March 29, 2022 Reviewed by Market Health Beauty Team