How To Grow Back Your Receding Gums With Waterpik – Like it or not, having a healthy and sparkling teeth gives us the much needed confidence and boost for our daily activities. Not only that, a healthy mouth guarantees absence of oral diseases like periodontitis, receding gums and toothache. Without any of this, we are free to eat, smile, laugh and live our normal healthy life.
Notwithstanding, we can still be affected by any of these mouth disease if the teeth is poorly catered. When we disregard important dental routine such as daily teeth brushing, regular flossing and visits to the dentist, gum diseases such as receding gum may come knocking.
What Is Receding?
Also known as gingival recession; and according to the Wikipedia definition “it is the exposure in the roots of the teeth caused by a loss of gum tissue and/or retraction of the gingival margin from the crown of the teeth”. When you have this condition, the gum surrounding the teeth gradually wears away till the bottom part of the teeth becomes exposed.
This disease is common among those who are above 40 years, and may go on undetected for long. When this happens, gaps occur around that area making it easy for bacteria to penetrate and destroy the tissues and bone structures in the teeth and consequently leading to tooth loss.
What Are The Causes?
� When we apply tooth much force when brushing or use a brush with hard bristles, we run the risk of harming the teeth enamel and causing the gums to start receding
� Sometimes too this condition is genetic. And regardless of how well we care for the teeth, it may occur. In such case, imbibing a good management practice will Ensure it doesn’t become lethal.
� Periodontal diseases caused by harmful bacteria can lead to receding gum.
� Hormonal changes in females may also be a cause.
� Tobacco smokers run the risk of a receding gum because the abrasive ingredients contained in tobacco contribute in irritating the tissue and gum of the teeth.
Similarly, undergoing treatment, while still smoking often yield futile results.
� People who are in the habit of chewing or grinding their teeth create tension in the gumline and abrasion in the tooth enamel. Sooner or later, the gum may start receding.
� Not forgetting to mention that a poor dental hygiene is the root cause of most tooth diseases. Once we do not brush and floss regularly, plaque caused by food particles left on the teeth turn into tartar (a healthy environment for bacterial growth) and consequently lead to gingival recession if not removed.
What Are The Symptoms?
- When your teeth are overly sensitive to external stimuli from brushing or eating (hot, cold, sweet, saucy etc. Foods) caused by the exposed pores on the root surfaces, then you should be alarmed.
- When you see a yellow area next to a defined white crown, you will know that recession has occurred. The yellow area is called dentin; it is a portion of the tooth anatomy under the enamel.
- When a tooth appears longer than normal, then it is an indication that your gums are receding.
- Inflammation,bleeding and swelling of areas around the affected gumline
- When you constantly have a bad taste in your mouth and suffer from mouth odor, this could be caused by a receding gum line
- Change in a tooth’s color and the visible exposure of the roots of the teeth are also symptoms.
How To Cure Receding Gums
How To Grow Back Your Receding Gums With Waterpik?
Much has been said about the tooth enamels, but not with the intention to scare you if you have it. With the appropriate dental care, you can restore the vitality of your gums. One of such ways is with the use of an oral floss irrigator called Waterpik. Waterpik is highly recommended by dentists as a supplement dental routine brushing. Using it will help your gum heal fast, especially after surgical treatment in cases of extreme gum recession. What does Waterpik do you ask:
- With the addition of antiseptic mouthwash into the reservoir of the Waterpik, bacteria that take root deep inside the teeth gaps are not only flushed out but also destroyed. Even those around the teeth and gumline.
- Waterpik allows you adjust the pressure of the water pulsating out of the tips. This pressure massages the gums, increases circulation and improves blood flow to the gums and tissues. Thereby promoting the growth of healthy tissue and gums as well as soothing ailing gum.
- Waterpik is a great preventive measure. Consistent use of this product not only saves you from receding gums, but any other common disease that affect the teeth.
Waterpik helps in preventing receding gum disease from occurring, but if it eventually does through any of the causes listed above, it can still help to fight it and restore it to its healthy glory.
Last Updated on July 19, 2021 Reviewed by Market Health Beauty Team