The pancreas is an organ that produces enzymes to assist digestion and insulin to manage glucose, it is located in the upper abdomen. Pancreatitis arises when there is inflammation of the pancreas, which trigger malabsorption of nutrients. This condition can happen suddenly or become chronic, which can cause damage to the pancreas in the long term. Symptoms that generally happens is nausea, vomiting, fever, sweating, breathing rapidly, and abdominal pain.
Pancreatic disease or pancreatitis is divided into two, among others:
- Acute pancreatitis is a disease or inflammation of the pancreas in a short time. Acute pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas brief attacks appear suddenly and disappear after a few days.
- Chronic pancreatitis is a disease or inflammation of the pancreas at the long time.
Acute pancreatitis is lighter and can be treated completely. However, the attack is unpredictable; in some cases, the pain is not so noticeable. However, in other cases, this condition can progress and become a life-threatening health problems. If left, there is the possibility of complications such as tissue damage, bleeding, infection, cysts, and damage to other organs such as the kidneys, heart, and lungs.
How To Cure Pancreatitis
A person who suffers from pancreatitis needs to get treatment in the hospital. A general doctor or gastroenterologist, medical professionals who have particular expertise in the diagnose and treat a disease that attacks the gastrointestinal tract. Because, pancreatitis has a wide negative impact on the body, many pancreatitis treatment centers are available. In addition, a specialist pancreatic disease also widely available to assist in the treatment and handling.
The purpose of the treatment of pancreatitis are:
- To relieve the pain.
- To prevent and combat the risk of malnutrition.
- To keep the patient’s condition remains stable.
Treatment options for pancreatitis include:
- Drugs, particularly pain relief medication.
- Low-fat diet.
- Pancreatic enzymes.
- Additional insulin.
- Surgery – the goal of the pancreatic surgery to remove dead or damaged tissue that accumulate in the body. This is done to prevent the infection develops in the body.
But, the action of this treatment should be accompanied by lifestyle changes, as well as increase white water drinking, and avoiding fatty foods.
Thank you very much for reading How To Cure Pancreatitis, hopefully useful.