When you want to wear shorts or dress, it feels sometimes not confident if there is cellulite in parts of the body. Cellulite is common and can be experienced by both men and women.
One of the best ways to reduce the appearance of cellulite is to exercise and maintain an ideal body weight.
Then, anything exercises to get rid of cellulite? Come to read on the following review!
Benefits of Exercises to Get Rid of Cellulite
Is it cellulite or stretch marks, get lost with exercise? Yes, in fact, this physical activity is one of the keys to getting rid of cellulite.
Cellulite is fat deposits that appear under the skin. To overcome this, you must eliminate the fat, one way is by diet and exercise.
There are many factors that determine how difficult it is to get rid of cellulite. Genetics and activity level are examples of factors.
Exercising can increase muscle mass, thus making your skin smoother and firmer. When fat is converted into muscle by exercising, it can help reduce cellulite.
Maintaining a healthy weight and a strict exercise routine can help reduce the appearance of cellulite. A combination of aerobic exercise and strength training is good to do several times per week.
What Do I Need To Get Rid of Cellulite?
Best Exercises to Get Rid of Cellulite
You can choose several types of physical activity to help overcome stubborn cellulite:
1. Aerobic Exercises
Regular aerobic exercise can help burn calories and lose weight. Weight loss can reduce the appearance of cellulite in the body.
Some common aerobic exercises include:
- Jump rope
You can do aerobic exercise every day. However, some sports such as running and cycling can pose a risk of injury. Therefore, you still need to be careful.
2. Curtsy Lunge
Next, exercise to get rid of cellulite is curtsy lunge. This move helps strengthen the gluteus medius, quadriceps, and hamstrings.
If you have a lot of cellulite on your thighs, then you can do specific movements that burn fat in that area, for example,” lunges or squats”.
Try to follow the steps below to do curtsy lunge:
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart
- Perform a bending motion by bending the left leg while moving the right leg back, so that the legs look crossed. The right foot should land diagonally behind left foot.
- Pause in this position before using your left foot to push back to the starting position.
- Switch legs and repeat the same as the previous leg. Performing the movement on both sides counts as 1 rep (reps).
- Do 3 sets 10 reps, with 1 minute rest between sets
Strength-building exercises are most effective when the body has had enough time to recover from previous workouts. Therefore, schedule recovery days to get the most out of your workout. You can do this exercise 2-3 times per week.
3. Lateral Lunges
Lateral lunges or lunges The sides can be useful for strengthening the glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
Here are the steps to do lateral lunges:
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart and arms to the sides
- Step to the side with your right foot, keeping your left leg straight, and bend your right knee to drop into a squat position on your right side
- Lift your chest to maintain balance
- Push back up with right foot to return to starting position
- Do 12 reps on each side
- You can do these exercises 2-3 times per week.
4. Step Up Reverse Lunge
Exercise step up reverses lunge target glutes, quadriceps, and hamstrings. This move requires a low bench or other slightly elevated surface.
Way to do step up reverse lunge:
- Stand with one foot on the bench and one foot under the bench
- With your right foot, step onto the bench while moving your left knee up
- Lower the left leg and get off the bench to the starting position
- When the left foot reaches the floor, chest back with the right foot
- Return to starting position
- Do 3 sets 10 reps on each leg, rest for 1 minute between sets
- Do this exercise 2-3 times per week.
You Might Also Like:
Muscular Strength Exercises
5. Push Ups
Next, one of exercises to get rid of cellulite are push ups. This exercise is relatively simple because it does not require equipment.
Push ups targets the chest, shoulders, and triceps. Here’s how to do it:
- Start in a plank position, palms shoulder-width apart on the floor with arms straight and toes together
- Keeping your body straight, sloly bend your elbows to lower your body towards the floor
- When your chest or chin is 1-2 inches from the floor, stop for a moment
- Push the body back to the starting position
- Do 3 sets with 5-10 reps, rest 1 minute between sets
- You can do push ups 2-3 times per week.
Those are some exercises to get rid of cellulite. For maximum results, balance it with a healthy diet and special cellulite skin care.
- Postepy Advances in Dermatology and Allergology. Accessed 2022. Cellulite: a cosmetic or systemic issue? Contemporary views on the etiopathogenesis of cellulite.
- Dermatologic Surgery. Accessed 2022. Insights Into the Pathophysiology of Cellulite: A Review.
- Image: Pixabay
- Video: emi wong