Canker sores are small and shallow ulcers which usually happen in your mouth and make it difficult and uncomfortable when you eat, drink or talk.
The root cause of canker sores are thought to be stress or tissue injury. Plus, some certain food like citrus fruit (oranges and lemon) or vegetables (figs, tomatoes) and other fruits such as pineapples, strawberries, and apples might trigger the issue and worsen the situation. Moreover, canker sores can also be caused by a sharp tooth surface and other dental applications such as braces.
In some severe cases, those with repeatedly canker sores might obtain an impaired immune system and other nutritional problems like iron, zinc, folic acid or sometimes vitamin B12 deficiency;celiac disease andCrohn’s disease since it is believed that these reasons cause these issues.
Symptoms of canker sores are painful sore inside your mouth, on the tongue or on the soft palate or sometimes it may occupy the part inside your cheeks. Plus, you might suffer from tingling sensation as well as burning feeling on these parts. Usually canker sores will fade away after a few days however, in some severe cases, you might experience swollen nymph nodes, fever and physical sluggishness.
Here are top 10 natural home remedies.
Swish sage can be used to treat canker sores since it can ease your pain, reduce inflammation and speed up the healing process.
- You will need fresh sage or dried sage
- Boil it with clean water
- Let it cool down to room temperature
- Mix the fresh sage with water and put the liquid into a sprayer
- Spray the solution on the affected skin.
Another effective home remedy to treat canker sores is to adopt coconut milk.
- Take some coconut meat and grind them to extract the juice
- Rinse your affected area thoroughly with clean water
- And use the solution to rinse off the afflicted area so that it can speed up the healing process and reduce your pain significantly.
This method can be used to get rid of many illnesses like toothache scald as well as canker sores.
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight
- Next morning, grind them to extract the juice
- Gargle with the juice
- Wash again with water
- Repeat the process for several times a day till you notice improvement.
Packed with anti – inflammatory properties and other curative powers, aloe vera can reduce pain, mitigate inflammation that associated with canker sores and speed up the healing process as well. And it is a great home remedy for hickey as well.
- Extract the juice from an aloe vera leaf and apply on the affected area
- Do this several times a day
Eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil, both are packed with anti – swollen, anti – inflammatory as well as antifungal properties which can significantly help you in mitigating the injuries, the swelling sores and the uncomfortable sensation caused by canker sores. Their numbing properties can cool the nerve and reduce pain.
- Put the grapeseed oil or olive oil into a sprayer
- Mix some peppermint oil with some eucalyptus oil together
- Put that solution into the same sprayer
- Cover up and shake it well
- Strain to the affected area
- Repeat the process several times a day till you notice improvement.
The cactus juice possesses the healing properties that can significantly speed up the healing process and reduce pain as well as inflammation caused by canker sores.
- The liquid extracted from a cactus should be kept inside your mouth for several minutes before you split it out
- Rinse your mouth again with clean water
CHAMOMILE TEA BAG
Chamomile tea bag is packed with chrysanthemum-like herb that is an extremely effective treatment for canker sores, constipation, insomnia and many other allergy – related ailments. Plus, armed with antibacterial, anti – inflammatory properties, this method can speed up the healing process and mitigate your irritation sensation caused by canker sores.
- Soak a pack of chamomile tea into a glass of hot water
- You may add more herb and some flower if you want
- Let it cool down to room temperature
Armed with mild scent, anti – inflammatory properties and anti – swollen agents, coconut oil can be used to treat canker sores effectively. Plus, it is a useful method to treat ringworm, lip crackles as well as head lice.
Heat up some coconut oil and apply it directly on the affected area by using a cotton ball
This is another effective home remedy for canker sore as it is paced with soothing properties which can provide instant relief and reduce inflammation. Plus, you can combine honey with some turmeric powder to make another great home remedy for canker sore. And do you know that honey is a good remedy for dizziness as well?
- Honey should be mixed with some turmeric powder to create a paste
- Apply the paste directly on the afflicted area
- Wait for about 15 minutes
- You can apply honey directly on the afflicted area and do this for several times a day till you notice improvement.
Moreover, sharing knowledge and writing are her particular passion.
She also works as a major contributor in Authorityremedies.com which provides many articles in natural and home remedies.